Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa- Faery Fantasy the Good Way

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This books is a steady build to a really good read. The main character is well developed and easy to relate to. I wish there was more deep time for the main character to get to know some of the other characters but I see how it adds to the mystery of the story. I do however love the depth of grimalkin. Unfortunately I had read some comments obout this book relating it to the 80s movie Labirynth and had a hard time getting visions of this story in that setting out of my head. I also kept relating grimalkin to the cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. Since both of these other things are things I love I guess it would only be fitting to add this book to those things. In the end Julie leaves the door just wide enought without shoving you of the cliff to bring the reader back for The Iron Daughter.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment