Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Returners - Read it for a new concept

The Returners The Returners by Gemma Malley


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
It is truly amazing how creative the human mind can be. This idea of this book is like nothing I have ever read or seen before. Often times I can see pieces of ideas from other stories, movies or TV shows in a book I've read,but not his one. I'm in awe of this story and how well it is executed. You're drawn into the roller coaster ride of brief enlightenment to frustration, then anger to determination. While growing up my parents would sometimes say no one ever said life was easy. This book portrays that along with a great defining moment for Hope. It's hard enough for a person to create a self worth and an individual identity in a world of fitting in, prejudices, and aversion to great change, but that doesn't mean it's not worth trying. Looking back, there is an underlying sense of inspiration to just do the right thing and fight for what is right.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment