Friday, August 27, 2010

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins Will Blow Your Mind Up

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins




This book was more than I expected, the key word being expected. Three times in this book I was blindsided. I turned the page to the next chapter expecting something to happen and then got an eyeful of something else, stunning my conscious recognition. This is just one thing I loved about this book. I also love that this book is no fairytale. It is gut wrenchingly raw and cruel and can solicit emotions of repulsion and disgust right alongside desires of hope and happiness. There is no sugar coating to this series. It was a realistic read. Collins writes believability into a complex snare that draws you in and makes it so hard to put the books down. These books will definitely reside on my favorites shelf. For me this book was worth the wait not that I wouldn't have like to have had it sooner. Now I’m off to savor this book again and glean even more while listening to the audio.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment