Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Nixie's Song- Beyond Spiderwick - but still in the same rhelm

The Nixie's Song (Beyond The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1) The Nixie's Song by Holly Black


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I read this book with my seven year old. I hope I did as well as the narator of the audio books we had with the previous spiderwick series. I'm sad that this series is shorter because I do love sharing these books with my boys. I love the way she tied characters from the other series into this one but did not make them an overbering addition. Her characters personalities are easily distinct and makes it easy to imagine the scenes in my head. The writing is clever and believable to both adult and child ears. Holly Black has a gift and I'm glad she flexes her writing muscle often. Now on to the next one.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment