Thursday, April 8, 2010

Knightley Academy - must read family read

Knightley Academy Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book so much that I bought a second copy and gave it to my son's principal (she likes similar middle grade books) for her to read and then donate to the school library. I felt this book had a lot of good moral undertone to a very well written plot. I am also excited to read more in this series. I really like the fact that Robyne did not use her real name so these younger readers would not search on her name and find her other books that would not be suited for middle grade readers. It says alot about this author. Henry is a relateable character and is face with teasing and bullying that many young kinds (unfortunately) can relate to. I feel his approach to dealing with it shows how he matures using the guides of the code to maintain his self worth and make him a better knight. Frankie, Adam and Rohan made the perfect companions and the author draws them with a fine tip detail. The several antagonist in this book are equally intriguing and well written. Read it and see what I mean.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment