Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The perks of being a Wallflower - didn't really seem like perks

The Perks of Being a WallflowerThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The book was an easy read, but I still found it really weird. I was really just expecting what it is like for a boy to start high school and all the growing up that went with it. This particular boy had issues and even when you get to the end I wonder how much of that issue flavored how he acted. He was like a smart kid with delayed common sense and social skills. It made me wonder what his elementary years were like. I was hoping this would be a book I could recommend to my son to help him cope with issues he might encounter but I'm really not sure now. It is not a bad book that I would be alarmed if he chose to read it on his own but it doesn't have in it the way I would see him relate to things socially. All in all it was okay.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment