Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan - It's just that.

The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3)The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan




I actually took vacation to have uninterrupted time to finish this book. So well worth it. There are so many things I love about these books. All kinds of tension for one. No one in these books is the best at anything. All characters are dealing with a truly hopeless situation and just trying to get by and live. Something else I love about these books are the short chapters. I don't know why, but I felt the progress of the story better because I navigated scenes better with the shorter chapters. Not that some of these chapters aren't cliff hangers so that you can't help but keep reading right into the next chapter, cause you do. I just like the sense of accomplishment of gain ground through the book and the story. The story itself is of course the best thing about this book. I really didn't see almost all of what happened next. I really enjoy the fact that Ms Ryan tells it with anticipation but not way you can presume what will be. She builds her world with such skill you get anxious just reading. I know she it tackling a new series that is different and I can't wait to see what it's about.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment