Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hate List by jennifer Brown - Definitely NOT a book I hate.

Hate List Hate List by Jennifer Brown


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book was so much more than I expected and very subtle about it. Yes the topic of the story is distressing and stressfull but in a real open up you mind to all viewpoints kinda way. I really enjoyed the difference in the structure of telling the story as it changed in the 4 parts of the book. There was a definite unpredictablity for me. I kept expecting something that never came. The ending was a supreme justification of everyone, except the principal. I really loved how this book took stereotypes and made them people and those people in the middle expanded with depth and complexity. This books really outlines that people are not always what they are preceived at and not just one way but many fragmented parts that make up a whole person. I would hope that many people read this book and not just book nerds, this story is a very inspiring and enlightening telling and should be shared and touted.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment